Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Friday, October 2, 2009

All is not Lost - Catawba County Intra-City Visit and Economic Revitalization Conference

There is Human capital in this area that can make the difference. We have to give people the tools to achieve our dreams.

I am going to write down the specifics about this three day event over the next couple of days, but I want the average people who read this blog to understand that their are a lot of people in this community that care about the plight of this community. There are people like myself who are dismayed about what they see, some of them are clueless about the paradigms and prerequisites they have set forth in addressing the Malaise, but in the end I believe those people can be brought to the table of openness, knowledge, and comprehensive understanding.

I know that what I saw and heard over the last three days has helped me on the context of some issues. I will readily admit that I don't have all of the answers and I am willing to listen to anyone.

I never had a preference for Kool-Aid and I believe that some of our local leaders are trying to force feed us Kool-Aid and it is really upsetting a lot of people in this community. I promise you, not one presentation that was made during these three days was from a purveyor of Kool-Aid. So over the next few days as I go over the summary of notes, contexts, and messages that were presented during this event, I think that you will see that there is a way out of this economic mess that we are in.

I am going to go over the events of the last three days chronologically and this will show you the people who are difference makers and will play a vital role in this community's renaissance, the valuable things that they said over the past three days, and the relevance of what was said to the plight of today versus what we have to do to achieve the vision of tomorrow that we all want to see.

No comments: