Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

Let me tell you about how I am blessed. We had our annual extended family get together for Christmas Eve. My sister Angie made potato soup and spinach dip. I made Sub Sandwiches with Roast Beef, Salami, Turkey, Pepperoni. Provolone, Parmesan, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Italian Spices, on Toasted Cobblestone sub rolls. Then others brought stuffed cheesy mini potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, I made fresh salsa with my tomatoes from summer, we had nacho cheese dip, a Rotel & sausage cheese dip, banana bread, pound cake, and a stuffed raspberry pastry.

Tomorrow, I will be roasting a Standing Rib Roast, baking cheese souffle mashed potatoes, sauteing asparagus, my mother is bring the shrimp cocktail, fresh salad, homemade bleu cheese dressing, and my sister is bringing something else and we are having cheesecake for dessert.

You know, I might not have much, but at least I get to eat some of the best food in the world. My family doesn't care about the eating part, we love good food... Perfect Food... and that goes for both sides of the family. That is truly something I get to be thankful for. That I have gotten to savor excellent food for the greatest majority of my life. In that manner, I can truly say that I am blessed. And anyone who knows and has been touched by my family will admit to that.

That is one thing that I can truly be thankful that God has provided me in this life -- Great Food. And it is always nice to have family and friends at my house on Christmas Eve. It would be nice if every day could have a touch of Christmas.

Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you soon,
James Thomas Shell

No comments: