Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can I help you see where I am coming from?

I sit here tonight thinking about how I might be able to reach more people to wake them up to what is happening with our government. I am torn about the way that I approach the subjects that I bring forward on this blog. I had a conversation with a mentor yesterday and without getting into specifics he basically told me that I need to be careful about the way that I approach subjects, because many people are not familiar with the current and future trends and my straight shooting approach may cause them to feel uncomfortable and have defensive reactions.

I have always understood this about myself. I am not a patient person, but I'm not looking for quick and/or easy fixes. I readily admit that my number one attribute these days is a sense of frustration. I'm ready to get on the road. That is the way that I was raised. I was raised not to waste time. That has always been my environment. That is the way the restaurant business is. Might I ask, if you went to a restaurant and the employees at that restaurant approached service the way government operates, how would you feel about that restaurant? Can you maybe see where I am coming from and what my feelings are?

I have to balance sensitivity with people, such as a co-worker, who believe me to be like the character Dale Gribble from the cartoon King of the Hill. I had to look up this character, because I don't watch television like that. Supposedly this is a character that is considered to be paranoid-delusional about conspiracy theories. Would you not admit that there is a difference between conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts? Do you really think you are getting the real story from the Mainstream Media? Do you believe everything not presented by the Mainstream Media is conspiracy theory? Are you a person that believes that blogs don't provide relevant information? Have you ever checked out information from sources such as Youtube?

The past year has pushed me way out beyond the left-right, Democrat-Republican paradigm. People are going to have to quit thinking of politics as some kind of athletic event and start looking at it for what it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be about the facilitation of governance in the interest of the electorate, whether that be at the local, state, or federal level.

I listened to Mayor Wright on Hal Row's show last week and I appreciated much of what he stated, such as his statement that the Small Business Job Growth Team would evolve into an entity of facilitation with the ability to fast track business proposals through Hickory City Government. I am still interested to see proposals of how this will actually happen.

Mayor Wright also reiterated a statement, which he has made several times. He stated that one of his teachers in school always had a saying that, "One man's liberty ends where another man's freedom begins." Yes, I agree with this in a certain sense, when it comes to interpersonal interaction with a fellow citizen, but there are laws and codes that deal with a citizen's interaction with government and those cannot be allowed to be arbitrary. Under those circumstances, the government must follow guidelines laid out in the United States Constitution and the North Carolina Constitution. Those documents firmly state an individual's rights against the government and limit the powers of the government.

I believe that it is most of the citizens' opinions that the Federal Government has gotten too big and overstepped its boundaries. It is my understanding that the founding fathers, such as Thomas Jefferson, believed that local governments best served and were more responsive to the needs of the people. But, what we have seen is a complete reversal of that, with Washington micromanaging government at all levels. I believe Washington has done this by empowering the bureaucracy, which seems to be directing our elected officials. Shouldn't our elected officials be directing the Bureaucracy, which is the Human Infrastructure of our government? Does it make sense for infrastructure to be dictating policy?

Can one see how this takes away the power of the people? If people don't think they have a role to play in what their local government does, then might this not be a major reason why we see so much ambivalence on the local level? Might that not be justified?

In closing, I would like for you to think about not watching the Major Media news tonight -- be it ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox. Instead, please go check out a few of these Youtube sites that I will link below and see how these people, in my opinion, are thoroughly reporting on the relevant issues of the day. I assure you that it will be eye opening to the vast majority of you.`

King World News
- Great Financial Trends site
Peter Schiff - Economist and Financial Advisor
Bob Chapman - Well Respected National Financial Advisor and economist
Wepollock - Economics and Political Philosopher from New York City
Inflation.us and Georgefortitle - Southern California Economic and Social Reporter
Demcad - National Issues and Detroit Issues about Economics and Politics
CrabbyDogTrix - National Issues and Colorado Issues about Economics and Politics
VisionVictory - Economist and Financial Investor
Tarpley.net - Webster Tarpley is a historian and economist
Stellaconcepts - Australian Precious Metals Br0ker
Catherin Austin Fitts - Financial cabinet Position under the GHW Bush administration

No comments: