Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

John Whitley for Congress in North Carolina's 8th Congressional District

This is my cousin John Whitley. He is a child neurosurgeon and a straight shooter. I know, because he is my grandfather's nephew and I have known him all my life. He came from awesome parents and his family owns Whitley's Funeral Home in Kannapolis. He worked his tail off to earn his medical degree and he is one of a handful of Children's Neurosurgeons in the United States.

John is running for United States Congress and is facing a primary campaign for the Republican nomination in North Carolina's 8th Congressional District, Larry Kissell's Congressional District. John is a Christian, a Doctor, a Farmer, and a strong Constitutional Conservative. To learn more about John's campaign, to volunteer, or to contribute please go to www.johnwhitleyforcongress.com or www.facebook.com/JohnWhitleyNC.





Johns' Message:
I’m not a professional politician. I’ve been a doctor for the last 20 years and a neurosurgeon for the last 15. I’m a small farmer, a father, a grandfather, and a strong Constitutional Conservative. This my first run for office and until the last couple of years I’d never given it much thought. However, as I’ve watched the direction our Country is headed in, I’ve become deeply concerned about what the future will hold for us, for our children, and for our grandchildren. I decided it was time for me to step up and do something about it.

When I was growing up in Kannapolis, NC, attending A.L. Brown High School, and working for my dad at Whitley’s Funeral Home, like many of you I thought it was “Father knows best” just like the TV show. Now, however, Obama and liberal members of Congress like Larry Kissell want to tell us that it is the government that knows best, that they know how to run our businesses, spend our money, provide us with healthcare, educate our children, and even want to tell us how we should live our daily lives. It’s this dangerous mentality that has given us “Obamacare,” double digit unemployment, a skyrocketing national debt, and increasing government interference in all areas of our lives.

I disagree with this mentality 100%! Government doesn’t know best – we the people know best. As your representative in Congress, I’ll lead the fight to return us to fiscally sound, limited government; for it is our Constitution that recognizes that the strength of America comes from our people, not our government.
I hope to meet many of you as I campaign across the 8th District, and I humbly ask for your vote and your support.

All the best,

John



John Whitley is my cousin and I approve of his message!!!

1 comment:

pam connelly said...

GO JOHN....IF I COULD ONLY BE THERE TO HELP...YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE GREATEST...HONEST AND STRAIGHT FORWARD. THE PEOPLE OF YOUR DISTRICT CAN ONLY GO FORWARD WITH A VOTE FOR YOU...GOD BLESS YOU AND GOOD LUCK. PAM PADGETT CONNELLY