Today, being the official 4th anniversary of this blog, I would like to introduce a word that a couple of people didn't seem to have a grasp of...
pow·er - [pou-er] - noun - (From Dictionary.com)
1. ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
2. political or national strength: the balance of power in Europe.
3. great or marked ability to do or act; strength; might; force.
4. the possession of control or command over others; authority; ascendancy: power over men's minds.
5. political ascendancy or control in the government of a country, state, etc.: They attained power by overthrowing the legal government.
Just because you don't acknowledge something does not mean that it does not exist!!!
What I got from this meeting: Paul Byrd is an alright guy. I appreciate that he supports his side. I just happen to not agree with him. I think he realizes now that we aren't Radicals. There are many issues that we would be in a lot of agreement on. As a matter of fact, we probably agree on a lot more than we disagree on. We just have a fundamental disagreement about representation from our local city government and some of those very issues were highlighted on this night through the actions of others, not Mr. Byrd. Notice that I didn't say anything about thoughts or speech, I said actions.
The debate starts around the 6:00 mark and goes for over an hour
|Join To Get Blog Update Notices|
|Visit the Hickory Hound Group|
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Posted by James Thomas Shell at 3:46 AM