Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye '13 and with it its burdens

Ecclesiastes Chapter 1: 12-18

12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. 13 I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind! 14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

15 What is crooked cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted.

16 I said to myself, “Look, I have increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge.” 17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.

18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.

The Hound: There are many of us who suffer with the burden of worry, because we search for the truth and we study the ways of the World. I heard this message spoken yesterday and this message hit home with me about what I have witnessed over the last several years.

Reality: My Doctor asked me a couple months ago, when I went in for a routine checkup, what I did for fun. I told him that I don't have fun. I really don't have time for fun. I can't afford fun.

If I were as indulgent as many others I see, I would be dead now. These have been dead serious times in my life. I have lost a lot that I did not choose or deserve to lose. It was basically stolen from me and I am not happy about it. Now you tell me how you would feel. I live with knowing that it has happened for a reason. I have seen many people around me that have had the same happen. There is no solace in such a condition.

The Posse is coming folks... the Posse is coming. 

No comments: