Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Monday, January 11, 2016

Welcome to 2016 - Economic Relevance - 1/11/2016

This won't take long. I still like posting, but have grown weary of long, thought out posts. I'm going to change how I cover City Council meetings and how I address local issues. It's time to change focus. You can only spend so much time addressing something that is broken to the degree I have with that subject matter. I will comment, but you'll have to watch their videos and read their minutes to get the details. Most people have shown, in my opinion, that they don't care what I think.

All politics begin at the local level, but one man or ten can't change things. Others talk about the necessity of fighting the good fight on the local level, but I don't see them expending the energy themselves. I'll continue to pay attention and make commentary on the issues, but I can't afford to spend 20 to 40 hours a week on this site.

I don't see the rosy scenario some others espouse. The intelligent people that I know talk about leaving the area, because they can't economically progress here. They talk about their children leaving and not coming back. They encourage me to leave, so that I can fulfill my professional destiny. A lot of people that feel it necessary to publicly say good things about the area, tell me that "off the record", this place is shot and won't come back any time soon.

The Big Economics picture is what is most relevant:




Bear Market: The Average U.S. Stock Is Already Down More Than 20 Percent
- The Economic Collapse Blog - Michael Snyder - January 10, 2016

Stock Market Crash 2016: This Is The Worst Start To A Year For Stocks Ever - The Economic Collapse Blog - Michael Snyder - January 7, 2016

No comments: