Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Save Democracy at the local level meeting - June 11, 2011 - 10am to Noon

SAVE DEMOCRACY AT THE LOCAL LEVEL IN HICKORY, NC
All interested groups and citizens are invited to a citywide coalition meeting of 
 


 
CITIZENS FOR EQUITY IN GOVERNMENT

Saturday, June 11, 2011


10:00 am to Noon


Patrick Beaver Memorial Library Meeting Room, 375 3rd Street NE, Hickory, NC 28602

Contact: Billy Sudderth, 828 308 4669


The Hound: Last week my associates and I held a meeting with representatives of the Citizens for Equity in Government. I would love to spill the beans about the dots that were connected in that meeting, but I don't think that time has arrived. The one thing that I can express is that the folks involved with the Citizens for Equity in Government want to broaden and build upon their coalition and they are open and invite anyone who wants to broaden participation in governance to join them in this cause.

We agreed to the meeting above so that more people can participate. I am going to be there and I hope bring along others so that we can cement this mission, define goals, and discuss the challenges that the common folks in this community face. My mission is not to step on toes or impose my will. My personal mission is to say my piece and participate, but my main goal is to listen to others and broaden my understanding of the issues that others face in the whole of our community. I honestly believe that if more people in our community begin to take one another's interest to heart, then we will have a better community and thus a better quality of life in our community.

You have to participate to make this world work. Politics has its place, but those who focus on political games over building relationships are doomed to fail. Participation means communication, which includes listening and expressing yourself, but understanding does not come from expression. It comes from listening and sharing. We need to do that on a more dynamic level. We need to share information. That goes against the grain in this community and in our society. If we open the dialogue and develop better lines of communication, then we will be able to progress our community. I hope that you will join us in this effort, because I honestly believe this is a worthy cause.

No comments: