Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Richard Garrison about two Morganton Issues

From Richard Garrison in Morganton (January 29, 2012):

"I just heard that my interview about Grace Hospital will be shown on the WBTV 11 pm Newscast on Thursday night.
(1-31). If you can mention it on the 'hound' Wednesday or Thursday I would appreciate it."

Also:

"I spent a considerable amount of time with the NC Department of Water Quality and DENR on Monday, after researching the story here of an untreated wastewater spill, I learned the City of Morganton FAILED to follow NCGS 143-215.1c, and DID not issue a "Press Release" concerning this spill as required by statute. Morganton did pay for a "legal notice" published in the News Herald Sunday Edition which states, " An approximate 1,824,000 gallons of untreated wasterwater spilled into the Hunting Creek and then into the Catawba River. " I am waiting to see the fallout on this. This is one of the worst mistakes Morganton has made that I know of. Keep watching for updates."


What is news? What is the business model of the News Media? What is the responsibility of news organizations? In the end, who is the Media responsible to, Corporate or Community Interests?






No comments: