So below is the City Council meeting. With each agenda item, you can click on the links and it will take you to that specific point in the meeting. You can always drag the marker on the video display to the point in the broadcast that you are interested in seeing.
Agenda about the City Council meeting of November 18, 2014
Thoughts about the City Council meeting of November 18, 2014 - I didn't do an article of thoughts this week. I will incorporate thoughts into this article.
Invocation by Rev. James Bernhardt, Pastor, Northminster Presbyterian Church
A. Mr. Bill McBrayer Presentation of the Furniture Academy at CVCC
Customized Industry Training
Lori PriceDirector, Customized Industry Training
Phone: 828-327-7000 Ext. 4284
B. Proclamation to Recognize Senator-Elect Andy Wells as Recipient of the North Carolina League of Municipalities’ Community Champion Award.
C. Neighborhood College Graduation
Persons Requesting to Be Heard
A. Ryan Neitz, Regarding Cab Fare Rate Increase
B. Brian Taylor, Regarding Cab Fare Rate Increase
C. Cliff Moone
New Business - Public Hearings:
1. Public Hearing – for Consideration of Voluntary Contiguous Annexation of 20.446 acres located at 2415 Springs Road NE. - Northlake Southstar, LLC has submitted a petition for the voluntary contiguous annexation of 20.446 acres of property. The annexation area is comprised of what was the former St. Stephens Elementary School site, which is currently being developed into a shopping center and out parcels. The annexation is being requested in order to connect the City’s water and sewer system.
2. Public Hearing – for Consideration of Closing a Portion of 15th Street NW. - McDonald’s USA, LLC, a Delaware Limited Liability Company (Tenant) and SRW, Inc., a North Carolina Corporation (Landlord) have petitioned to close a portion of 15th Street NW, containing .195 acres more or less. This public hearing was advertised in a newspaper having general circulation in the Hickory area on October 24, October 31, November 7 and November 14, 2014.
New Business - Departmental Reports:
1. Amendment to City Manager’s Employment Agreement. - After discussion in closed session of the City Manager’s FY 2013-2014 performance, City Council unanimously voted to consider in open session an amendment (first amendment) to the Manager’s June 22, 2004 employment agreement. Section 20: One Time Bonus. Employee shall receive a one-time lump sum bonus of $4,350, effective as of July 1, 2014.
2. Approval of an Agreement for Engineering Services with McGill Associate in the amount of $48,000 for the Hickory-Catawba Wastewater Treatment Facility - McLin Creek Wastewater Pump Station Project. - The Hickory-Catawba Wastewater Treatment Facility (HCWWTF) – McLin Creek Wastewater Pump Station is necessary for areas northwest of the HCWWTF to receive treatment services at the HCWWTF. The HCWWTF is approximately 20 feet higher than the area next to McLin Creek/Lake Norman, therefore a pump station is required to lift this sewer into the influent of the treatment facility due to providing gravity sewer to the tributary properties. The agreement with McGill Associates will be for the planning, engineering, and permitting work necessary to complete the project. This project will be funded out of the HCWWTF Upgrade Project budget contingency line due to the pump station being a future component of the completed facility. All funding for the project is split equally between the City and Catawba County in accordance with the financing agreement for the HCWWTP. Staff recommends approval of this Agreement for Engineering Services with McGill Associates in the amount of $48,000.
3. Update on Construction of Hickory Metro Convention Center Parking Deck.