Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011 - Remembering last Christmas 2010

Last year was the last Christmas that I spent with my Paternal Grandmother Martha Shell. She was a great role model who was admired by the community, because of her qualities. I think about her every day and miss her greatly, but I do ok, because I appreciate everything she did for me through my life and she is still with me in my heart.

I share the ride over to my other Grandmother's Mattie Padgett during last December 25, 2010's White Christmas. Looking back and knowing it was the last Christmas that I would spend with my Grandmother makes it an even more special memory that I will always treasure.

I hope that you will look to Christmas to see what it is really all about. It isn't about material trinkets and rituals. It is about bonding with those that you hold dear. You can't take for granted that they will be here next year, so you better enjoy them while they are here.



This is Mammaw not understanding the little ritual of the Padgett family like it even makes a difference. Personally, I thought it was funny since I never liked the ritual to start with.

God Bless you all and I hope that y'all have a wonderful Christmas and a great 2012

No comments: