Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012 Cliff Moone for NC House Seat (96th District)



Cliff Moone, a Hickory Democrat, filed today as a candidate running for the NC 96th House District seat.

“I am running for the North Carolina House for two simple reasons. Our public school budgets are under siege; the best community college and university system in America is being unnecessarily underfunded. It is shameful for North Carolina to be 49th in the nation in per-pupil expenditures. We must make adequate investments in education if our children and youth are going to be prepared for the emerging 21st Century job market. Cutting education budgets and teaching jobs is not the way to a better future.”

“While one political party (Republican) has essentially had a monopoly on elected positions in this area, our unemployment rate has remained the second-highest in the state. Time and again, they have run on the promise of jobs. Time and again, they have gone to Raleigh and focused on other issues. And the jobs have mostly gone elsewhere. I think we can do better. We must challenge the status quo,”

Mr. Moone is a semi-retired pastor who has a background in education as the original Head Master of the Hickory Christian Academy and a former director of the Sylvan Learning Center here in Hickory. He is currently an instructor at Catawba Valley Community College.

Mr. Moone has been active in community affairs as a Rotarian and as President of the Parson of the Hills Ministry Board. An active leader in the Democrat Party, he is currently the 10th Congressional District Democrat chairman.

“I make the citizens and families of the 96th District three promises. I will represent them with integrity: I will never lie to them nor vote in any way that compromises my principles or my character. I shall hold ‘Constituent Concerns & Care’ meetings throughout the district each month that the Legislature is not in session to actually listen to the citizens, not talk at them. Because I believe in the concept of a true ‘Citizen’s Legislature,’ I pledge to hold this office for no more than three terms. I am not looking for a political career, but for an opportunity to give back to a community that has been a blessing to my family and me for nearly 25 years."

Mr. Moone will be facing Hickory Real Estate Developer Andy Wells in the upcoming election.




2 comments:

Silence DoGood said...

Cliff's right and Wells will go to Raleigh despite it. That's a shame, because Reverend Moone would advocate for everyone and not just his business buddies.

And no one hopes that I'm wrong more than I do with that!

Anonymous said...

I have no experience with Mr. Cliff Moone, other than his instruction at CVCC. He is open minded to others beliefs, intelligent, and would make a great legislature. This is coming coming from a near Anarchist, he always respected my views, and we had some great conversations. GO CLIFF.