Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Thursday, November 29, 2012

You Own Your Life

I have asked you to wake up and now its too late. The exit ramps are all passed and the fuel gauge is passed empty and pretty soon the vehicle will be sputtering and it will be time to get out and walk.

You have chosen to stew in your pidity, because of blissful pride and the rest of us who have been forced to rely upon you to get us to our destination are going to also be forced to deal with the consequences of your lack of direction.

You know life is fleeting and when we put you in a position of leadership and you willfully fritter away opportunity, then there are consequences; people are affected. You say people are "Monday Morning Quarterbacking"... That you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Well, I disagree.

If you aspire to excellence and you fall short, then you fall within the grasp of excellence. If you aspire to nothing of substance and are directionless in your cause, flying by the seat of your pants, then those who pay attention know the difference and the straight shooters in life, those who choose not to stew in the pidity, are going to call you out on it... And in the end that is what bothers you isn't it?

But let me tender you this. It is not those of us that have offered you care and guidance that you have to lament. It is those who have willfully sipped the Kool-Aid. Those who you have held their head up and said, "Take another sip... it'll make you feel better." When they realize what foolishness this all has been, then you will see the problem. The problem of Us (Me) versus Them...

There is one thing that you should think about. In the end you will answer for your time here on Earth. When you leave this life and enter eternity, what will those last moments be. Will there be peace in knowing that you did what you could to help others (humanity) or will those last thoughts be of dread... remember that you and you alone own your life in the end.






Explorers - Muse - Matthew Bellamy - 2012

Once I hoped
To seek the new and unknown
This planet's overrun
There's nothing left for you or for me
Don't give in
We can walk through the fields
And feeling nature's glow
But all the land is owned
There's none left for you or for me
Who will win?
‘Cause I concede

Free me Free me
Free me from this world
I don't belong here
It was a mistake imprisoning my soul
Can you free me
Free me from this world

A world lush and blue
With rivers running wild
They'll be re-routed south
With none left for you or for me
Don't give in
Hear the engines roar
And save our crops from drought
But when the black gold's in doubt
There's none left for you or me
Fuse helium-3, our last hope

Free me
Free me
Free me from this world
We don't belong here
It was a mistake imprisoning our souls
Can you free me
And free me from this world?

Free me
I’ll free you
Free us from this world
We don't belong here
It was a mistake imprisoning our souls
Can you free me
And free me from this world?
Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules
Can you free me
Free me from this world?
Shh, go to sleep

No comments: