Google Groups
Join To Get Blog Update Notices
Email:
Visit the Hickory Hound Group

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Harry Hipps Media Press Release

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I am announcing my candidacy for Hickory City Council in the upcoming election. I live in Ward 6, currently represented by Jill Patton. Hickory is in dire need of leadership on the economic development front. Our growth and job rate have been dismal since the turn of the century and has been lagging the State even in good growth years. My main focus is to make Hickory more business friendly and stop the micromanagement and arbitrary decision making that has characterized our government. Unless we can attract jobs and increase the tax base our quality of life will continue its steady decline.

Furthermore, I will work to create a more vibrant democracy in Hickory. Too often small groups of insiders work to take care of special interest groups first and the needs of the average citizen are an afterthought. To move our city forward, we need buy-in from the entire city. I will work to increase citizen participation by using the internet to inform people of upcoming issues and get feedback, from those interested, to make better informed choices. We need to increase the political talent pool to ensure we have capable, informed leaders for the future. More competition, in future elections, will be the measure of our success in this.

I have studied the issues facing our City and feel I have some intelligent and creative ideas to bring to the table that can move this city forward. I am devoted to a solutions based government that utilizes innovation to represent all citizen's interests. I will work diligently, tirelessly, and honestly to transform and reinvigorate Hickory. We can emerge from these tough times and have the prosperous, vibrant, enjoyable quality of life we all desire. I only ask for the opportunity to present my case, so that I may prove to you that I am worthy of your vote.

Harry Hipps
hhipps@hotmail.com

No comments: